The Truth About Window Brands: What Consumers Need to Know
Windows play an important role in both the appearance and function of a home. In addition to providing natural light and ventilation, they also provide occupants with a view of the outside.
The importance of windows makes them one of the most commonly renovated features in a home. When it comes to choosing a brand-name window, there are so many replacement window options on the market that it can be difficult to know where to begin to find a quality window.
Do Window Brands Really Matter?
There are many different brands of windows as well as hundreds of window companies to choose from today which can make it quite difficult to know which one to choose. Many homeowners simply select the most popular brand, but this may not always be the best option.
While some brands may be more expensive than others, this does not necessarily mean that they are of better quality.
In fact, many window manufacturers produce windows of similar quality, so it is important to compare products before making a purchase.
In addition, it is worth considering the warranty and customer service options that are available from each manufacturer. By taking all of these factors into account, you can be sure to choose the best window brand for your home.
What Role Does Window Brand Play in Window Installations?
There are endless debates among homeowners about which window brand is best. Some people are loyal to a particular brand, while others believe that all windows are essentially the same. However, when it comes to window installation, the brand of window can actually make a big difference. Different brands of windows have different installation requirements, and some brands are much easier to install than others.
As a result, it is important to consider the brand of window before choosing a installer. Otherwise, you may end up with an installer who is not familiar with your chosen brand, and the installation process may take longer than necessary.
If you are debating the merits of different window brands, remember that the brand can actually play a role in the installation process.
Things to Consider When Choosing the Right Window Brand
- Reputation – There are plenty of ways to research a company’s reputation. You can start by reading online reviews, talking to friends and family, and doing some research of your own. Once you’ve gathered all the information you need, you’ll be able to make an informed decision about which window brand is right for you.
- Quality – Look for windows that are made from durable materials. They should be able to to stand the test of time, perform well in all kinds of weather conditions and add value to your home.
- Warranty – Choose windows with a warranty. This will give you peace of mind in knowing that your investment is protected.
- Certifications – Some brands are certified by organizations like ENERGY STAR and the Window Energy Rating Scheme (WERS), which means they meet strict energy efficiency standards. Always look at the energy performance label when considering the name-brand window you choose.
Understanding Replacement Window Ratings
You will see a label with information on energy ratings on the product when ordering new windows. Almost all recently installed energy-efficient windows have a rating sticker on the glass that provides specific information about the window unit’s rating. What do these scores indicate?
An independent, nonprofit organization called the National Fenestration Rating Council, or NFRC, evaluates windows based on a variety of performance criteria.
A consistent rating and labeling system for the energy efficiency of fenestration items has been created and is currently being used. Their main objective is to inform the public in a trustworthy, fair, and truthful manner on the energy efficiency of doors and windows. All major window brands submit their windows for NFRC testing. For potential purchasers, these ratings are crucial since they help them determine the product’s level of energy efficiency.
This standardization of window ratings has made it easier to compare the energy efficiency of various replacement window solutions. The NFRC is a trustworthy third-party source because window makers in the window manufacturing industry have no influence over the ratings they will earn.
These ratings are divided into four specific categories to determine their energy efficiency:
- SHGC or Solar Heat Gain Coefficient
- AL or Air Leakage
- VT or Visible Transmittance
The Advantages of Buying from a Reputable Window Company
- Assured Quality – With a reputable company, you can be assured that the windows you’re getting are made with quality materials and backed by a solid warranty.
- Backed By Solid Warranty – Not only will you get a better product, but you’ll also be backed by a solid warranty. That way, if something goes wrong, you know you can count on the company to make it right. Infinity by Marvin windows has one of the best lifetime warranties in the window replacement business.
- Experienced Professionals – Experienced professionals know how to select the right window for your home, and they have the skills and knowledge to install it correctly.
- Better Customer Service – Poor customer service after receiving a bad product or inferior installation can be a very frustrating and costly experience for homeowners. A reputable company strives for 100% customer satisfaction
Why Choose Infinity by Marvin Replacement Windows?
- With over 150 years’ experience in the window industry, Infinity by Marvin is backed by a company you can trust.
- Infinity by Marvin windows has one of the best warranties in the window replacement business.
- Styles and designs can be tailored to match any aesthetic.
- Additionally, their windows are energy-efficient, helping you save money on your utility bills.
Take the Next Step
You should always hire a professional window installation service company when purchasing windows for your home. You can trust experienced professionals to get the job done right so your new windows will look great and function perfectly with a level of quality you can rely on for the extreme temperatures of Colorado
Here at Nex-Gen, we use Infinity by Marvin replacement windows. Not only do they add value to your property, but they also provide superior insulation and security, making them one of the most cost-effective replacement window manufacturers in the market.
We help you choose the ideal windows for your home, using only Energy Star-qualified windows. Marvin by Infinity are the best-rated replacement windows in the industry for residential windows.
If you’re considering window replacement services for your home, we highly recommend giving Nex-Gen Windows & Doors a call. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have and help you choose the perfect window brand for your needs. Contact us today to get started.